Le Deal du moment : -20%
(Adhérents Fnac) Enceinte Bluetooth Marshall ...
Voir le deal
199.99 €

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot

+6
Eddy
RWarrior
ford_truck
JUNK ROD
slingshot
Le Chat Caméra
10 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Empty Re: Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot

Message  slingshot Dim 19 Jan 2014, 21:51

Merci dbildvil .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Ville/Région : joliette
Masculin Nombre de messages : 1078
Voiture(s) : Ford 31 coupé ,77 GMC 4x4 , Vintage comp/coupe dragster et autres projets

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Empty Re: Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 05:31

slingshot a écrit:

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Sta_la10

Richard

Hello Richard,
I hope its okey to write in english, and in your thread? (I dont speak or write French).
And im really sorry if i am supposed to post and introduction somwhere else in the forum first, but since i dont understand the language i am really not sure where to post it.

Is that your old car? Do you still have it, or was it sold back in the days?
Reason for asking is that i have bought an old slingshot, and i have been looking for its history for the past 4-5 months. I recently found the oldest (to me) known owner, and that my dragster once belonged to a Canadian, who lived somewhere around Ottawa/Quebec area.
I am searching web-pages, forums etc in all my spare time, and by luck, this forum came to my attention, and especially this picture.
I cant say for sure if its the same car, but when looking at the front section all the way in front of the rear wheels and forward - is sure seems to be very much the same - including the fuel tank. I have studied thousands of pictures, and this is the first one that is similar enough to make my heart start pumping a little extra.
Also the first i have seen what seems to the same kind of fueltank.

I know my cars cage has been modified sometime in the 80`s, and that it once had wheels similar to the ones in your pictures.

I would love to hear from you and if possible see more detailed pictures.

Here is a picture of my car as it looks right now. I also have olders pictures from the late early or mid 90`s if you would like to see them.

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 155_5591em

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Ville/Région : Norway
Masculin Nombre de messages : 9

Message  slingshot Lun 27 Oct 2014, 06:35

Hi slingshot_nor !

Your dragster look a lot like my old fed . Send me detaild pictures so I can help you .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Voiture(s) : Ford 31 coupé ,77 GMC 4x4 , Vintage comp/coupe dragster et autres projets

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 06:43

slingshot a écrit:Hi slingshot_nor !

Your dragster look a lot like my old fed . Send me detaild pictures so I can help you .

Richard

Here is a link to a collection of pictures that i have on my webpage. Im not able to link it here directly, but try speedfreak  .  no   and click on slingshot in the menu.
Do you remember when you sold it and to who/where?

I have a lot of additional information that might be interesting too. Quite a few changes have been made over the years.
I know for example that it had similar wheels on it, that as in your photo when it was sold to the last known owner. Front part of bodypanels looks very much the same, so does the body and the frame (except from the rear, but that must have been upgraded some time to pass upgraded certification rules.
I have looked at thousands of pictures, and never seen a fueltank looking so much alike either.

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot Lun 27 Oct 2014, 06:57

I can't find it
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 07:02

slingshot a écrit:I can't find it

No problem, i post pictures here;

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 IMG_2346em

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 IMG_2348em

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 IMG_2340em

More to come in a moment...

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 07:04

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Stone-and-Mederios-2

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Stone-and-Mederios-3

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 10705367_10202606786963172_756130202_n

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot Lun 27 Oct 2014, 07:20

I'm going to work , here it's 7 20 am . time to go .

If possible send me detaild pictures of the front end .

Richard salut
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 08:03

Sure; here are some more for you Richard;

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 IMG_2335em

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Bilde-2

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Bilde-3

Not very good pictures maybe, but i can take better if you like.
Also, i dont know when the fixed (welded) front axle was mounted. It could be later or earlier, but i would believe that the car originally had some kind of torsion bar axle.
The front wing has been added later.

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot_nor Lun 27 Oct 2014, 14:08

Richard, i also forwarded the picture you have posted here and a couple of others i found, to one of the previous owners that i have found, and he is also very positive its the same car.
Here is what he wrote to me today:
I have studied the pics you have sent and I can tell you that based on what I see that is the car! I recognize those headers, and the rear rims. They came with the car when I bought it. the wheelie bar system and butterfly wheel also look the same as well as the tank. I am sure thats it. When I bought it there was no lettering on cowl it was just plain red. It also came with an open trailer which was red with white lettering with the team name Over the Hill Gang. I have a still photo of this. great work!

If you think its the same also, i would love to hear everything you know and rember about it, years, names, stories, engines, times, etc. You can email me or private message me on this board if you dont want to publish it in public.

I feel very excited right now cheers

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot Lun 27 Oct 2014, 21:22

I belive it's could be the same car.

I owned mine in the early 80's . I started looking back for it about 10 years ago and found out that it was sold to a guy in the state in the mid 90's , maybe in the Boston area.

Show me what pictures you have and I'l send you more .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot Lun 27 Oct 2014, 21:56

The original Wheel base was shorther and it ad a parachute pack body .

the previous owner Ross A.... , whent to Joe Roy Race Car in Montréal in the late 70's or early 80's , to stretch the Wheel base to 192'' or 196'' if I remember well and the solid front axel instaled .
The fuel tank , the short body , a custom shifter and a two pièces coupler shield where also done at the same shop .

More to come

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot_nor Mar 28 Oct 2014, 00:52

Great information. I will add some more details later, just about to leave for work now.

For how long, and when did you own it?

Who did you sell it to?

Do you have the full name of this Ross A.?

Where did it race and come from originaly? All previous owners i have talked to says it has been a top fuel car and that it came from Florida in the beginning - late 60`s.

Do you have more pictures? It seems like you have spent some time to find some of the things im looking for, but i dont speak your language very well, so i have tried using google translate for some of posts on the forums that you have posted. I found pictures of a blue car and also a yellow one, both looks to be the same, at least the blue version wich i believe must be from when Ross had it?

What kind of pictures do you want to see? If i can get your email address i will send all the pictures i have. Most of them are from the "modern" days.

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot Mar 28 Oct 2014, 07:58

Send me detailed pictures of the cock pit , bare frame , fuel tank , body pannels , etc . And pictures from the past owners you have .

What is the Wheel base .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot Mar 28 Oct 2014, 08:15

Time line .

In the early days (late 60's ? or early to mid 70's) the car was in Dorval and ad a short Wheel base .

In the late 70's Ross Arthur (( Rooster )the guy I got it from ) , ad it modified and painted candy red .

I owned the car from 1981 to 1983 and did'nt change a thing .

Sold the car to a Joe Roy employe ( Rock Tellier) and was painted blue and later in whithe an yellow stars patern .

then the car was sold to Dan Gavender then to Charles Gariepy before leaving for the USA in the late 80's .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot_nor Mar 28 Oct 2014, 16:38

Dorval, as in the Airport - west of Montreal? Do you know who owned it?
Or have you found any pictures of chutepack dragsters in the area? I guess there would not have been a huge lot of chutepack bodied slingshots around the area at the time.
I have been looking around for pictures, but not exactly sure what to look for since there was made big changes to the car in the 70`s.

Do you know if Ross Arthur is still kicking around? It would be great to have talk with him and exchange some history. I really hope that you, and other previous owners like that the car is still around and beeing used.

Did you say here, or in another thread/forum that the car went to Boston? If so, thats very much correct, as the owner in USA (im keeping in touch with him), is from Rhode Island - same area that is.

I need your email address Richard Cool

I still believe this is the correct car, actually im not in doubt. I know changes have been done, but still, there are some important things that looks exactly the same.

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot_nor Mar 28 Oct 2014, 17:27

Here is one chutepack from Napierville;

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 00000053_zps7cd9a8a7

Maybe he had a bad day or was in a hurry... goggles is a litt bit "off"..haha.

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 00000063_zps6f737651

bounce

slingshot_nor
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message  slingshot Mar 28 Oct 2014, 21:06

Dorval airport is in the city of Dorval .Sorry I don'nt no who was the owner before Ross Arthur .

The man to talk to is Joe Roy , check in my Facebook friends .

Richard

slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot Mer 29 Oct 2014, 21:08

Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Scan0012/view/12357267/183]Plusieurs photos : Dragster du membre ABC : slingshot - Page 2 Rock_t11[/url]

Rock Tellier and Joe Roy in the driver seat

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  slingshot Jeu 06 Nov 2014, 18:35

je cherche a retrouver Rock Tellier et Charles Gariepy .

Si vous les connaissez ou savez comment les joindre , dite le moi .

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  JUNK ROD Dim 09 Nov 2014, 15:11

c vraiment beau avoir les vieilles photos Richard! thumright

a+
JUNK ROD
JUNK ROD
Mordu
Mordu

Ville/Région : Laurentides
Masculin Nombre de messages : 493
Voiture(s) : Ford F1 1951

Message  slingshot Dim 09 Nov 2014, 16:25

Merci

Richard
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2